Friday, March 15, 2013

3DGameLab - Back in Session


Let it Begin...

Mr. Suter 3DGamelab students creating Avatars like GarlicMy 6th graders are off to a good start. They created their character avatars using Hero Machine this week. I gave them a brief look at my Popplet (I haven't shared it publicly YET) that shows the progression of quests as a sort of "trailer" for things to come.
They are excited! Quests waiting for them to unlock include:


Getting Started

I removed last year's users and added all of this years by inviting them through the teacher Dashboard. To quickly invite them all:
  1. Using Gaggle.net (you could use any method to get a list of your student email addresses), I copy/pasted all their email addresses from my list of users (free for ~200 users, first must attend a webinar of sorts, then become an administrator, well worth the trouble)
  2. Set check the default group they should be in ("Mr. Suter's Level 6" in my case), then invite.
I used a similar method of copy/pasting email addresses from my teacher dashboard on Diigo.com (free educator upgrade) so students have a place to keep their own list of oft-used URLS.

Excited to be in 3DGameLab again, creating quests, creating new content alongside my students.


1 comment: