Thursday, September 2, 2010

About Me

I am happily married with a beagle and cockerspaniel at home. My house is an old farm house and we have a 1/3 acre pond to swim in. I love computers and sports. I am what you might call a "nerd", but not the "loves to write programming code" type of nerd. I did football, basketball, and track in high school, and ran track at college (high jump). My wife and I love to travel through other states and countries. Our most recent trips include Boston (pictured here) and Europe (France/Germany/Italy).

Professionally, I am a computer technology teacher in a rural school in Ohio. I used to work for a newspaper with 100k Sunday readers doing Internet advertising, but I got bored with it and enjoyed teaching my coworkers about technology than I did selling and building Internet ads. That's when I became a teacher, and have enjoyed the last 4 years immensely.

One of my long-term professional goals is to be a part of a team that helps steer how professional educators teach. One of the methods I prefer is using real-world scenarios. These encourage students to think creatively about how to solve problems, but also to not be afraid to sweat (usually figuratively) a little through hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment