Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Day at P-G

The last students of the day just left and I'm exhausted and losing my voice. There's 5th grade through seniors in my day and it's a mental adjustment to have to switch between them.

I can tell that there will be some great kids who do fun and interesting projects. For the record I sincerely miss my old students and the great relationships I was able to build with them. I hope they are still getting a solid dose of tech and geekiness in their day. I have a very special box of gifts, letters and earrings(?) in my room here from them. Makes me feel appreciated.

My goal is to have evaluated the students and put in place a challenging but interesting curriculum before the week is over on Friday, 8/27/10.  The installation of the 12-cup coffee maker in my room is a nice touch.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Mr. Suter!!!

    we miss you soo much here =( the tech room just isnt the same every morning =( our new tech teacher is okayy.....He is super tall but no where as funny as you =) dallas is going crazy...she complains like 24/7 haha =D we have no programs at all so all we've done since school has started is sit around and do homework..=/ even mrs. simon misses you haha..well i hope i can hear from you all soon...and i cant wait to do that project with you over the computer!!! =D

    Miss You....
    Ashton Ryan!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Ashton, you really need to give the new teacher a chance! Don't catch yourself saying things like "Mr. Suter did things this way". Instead, approach it as if YOU'RE in a new school instead of him. It's a little scary and you just want to be a good teacher. I've talked to him on the phone and he knows his stuff and he's going to be great there. Let him do things his way and you guys adapt to him. You'll learn more that way and that's what it's all about, isn't it? NOT the hokey pokey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okayy i guess i can try and be nice haha..were starting to work on webpage stuff..its actully pretty cool =) he's kinda cool im not gonna lie..he's pretty funny haha..i still miss you and our class watched the video you made and dallas and i started to cry ='( but everything is good now..you should definitly try and come back to watch one of our volleyball games..i think were really gonna be good this year! =D can you believe the news broadcast were gonna be doing mr.d said he talked to you about it..its gonna be great..dallas and i are already taking pictures of the games...we still miss you alot =( write back soon...

    p.s.- Hey Sunshine, Stay Out Of The Shadows!!! =)

    Ashton Ryan!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey mr suter its kody..the tech room is not the same at all! i like change but i mean you was my favorite teacher and plus you helped me and dalton win that contest and now you arnt here to help us lol..but there is going to be a few more videos that we are going to make..well hope to hear back

    ReplyDelete